Feb 12 2014
The duration of the training program is based on the course curriculum. Most of the accredited program provides training in human anatomy, medical terminology, physiology, patient care, privacy, medical ethics, basics about sonography instruments and treatment procedures. Some of the ultrasound technician schools offer specialization programs such as Cardiovascular Technology, Abdominal Sonography, Neurological Sonography, Obstetrics and Gynecology. After completing the course, you need to register with ARDMS for enhanced career opportunity. Here are some important tips to consider when choosing an ultrasound tech schools.
1. You need to enroll in ultrasound technician school accredited by Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAAHEP) or American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS).
2. You need to check the certification success percentage of school. You can check the official website or offered on request.
3. You need to check the placement support offered by the school. You can also consider the testimonials of previous students.
4. The geographical location and transport facility are most important things to consider when choosing an ultrasound technician schools.
5. The learning environment and laboratory facilities will determine the reputation of the school.
6. Several schools offer scholarship, grants and financial aid to the students. You need to check the tuition cost that includes books and course materials.
More Details at – http://ultrasoundtechnician-site.com/