Oct 17 2016
What is a Nootropic?
A nootropic, also known as a “Smart Drug,” “Brain Pill,” or “noot,” is a kind of herbal supplements that works to increase the functions of the human brain. There are several types of nootropic supplements that each function in specific ways. The main types of nootropics are racetam nootropics, herbal nootropics, ampakine nootropics, and stimulant nootropics.
Racetam nootropics are those supplements such as Piracetam, Aniracetam, Oxiracetam and Pramiracetam that are suitable for long-term use. They are subtle, yet over time serve to be very effective. These require a choline source in order to function properly, and if it is not supplied, can cause headaches.
Stimulant racetams are those supplements that focus on the neurotransmitter dopamine, and as such provide lots of stimulation. These nootropics include Adrafinil, Hydrafinil, Phenylpiracetam and Caffeine. These are the most powerful nootropics you can buy for motivation, focus and energy.
Ampakine nootropics are the most untested nootropics yet are also the most potent with regards to memory and overall mental power, these include Sunifiram and Noopept. Last but not least, herbal nootropics are those supplements that work on the brain that are 100% natural, and include supplements such as Ashwagandha, Rhodiola Rosea and L-Theanine.
What do Nootropics do?
Nootropics typically act on a certain neurotransmitter within the brain in order to manifest their effect. Racetams act on acetylcholine, stimulants dopamine, herbal supplements GABA, and Ampakine supplements Glutamate. Each can be used for a different purpose, and there is no one perfect smart drug, each depends simply on what the user is looking for.
What are the Top Ten Nootropics for College Students?
- Adrafinil- The most powerful nootropic on the market today. Can last for as much as 8-12 hours, provides great focus and energy.
- Phenylpiracetam- A racetam with an added stimulant.
- Sunifiram- A short acting but euphoric nootropic
- Noopept- An ampakine with amazing memory benefits.
- Hydrafinil- One of the most powerful nootropics on the market, stimulating and short acting.
- Ashwagandha- A powerful relaxant herb that can aid focus.
- Oxiracetam- 15 times stronger than Piracetam.
- Pramiracetam- The most powerful racetam currently on the market, up to 30x as strong as Piracetam.
- L-Theanine- A calming nootropic, works wonders on cognition when mixed with a stimulant.
- Galantamine- Also called the Lucid dreaming nootropic, this supplement gives unprecedented clarity of thought.
How should one Use Nootropics
Use with caution and always do your own research. If well studied nootropics can have a whole host of benefits on the human brain which can aid just about any college students. Once again, you can get all these nootropics and more at our friends shop, Smart Drugs for College.